Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Brussels Sprouts OH MY!

MY OH MY! This happens when you deiced to go with your taste buds and I'm going to share with you friends my impromptu Sauteed Brussels Sprouts  :
It's easy as 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8... well you get the picture, so lets look at some shall we???



Toasted Sesame Oil (or oil of your liking)
Salt
Pepper
Red Pepper
Button Mushrooms
THE STAR: Brussels Sprouts


Cut Sprouts in half, careful it can be a little tough... WATCH YOUR FINGERS! 
Brown/Char the Sprouts
 it took me 5-10 mins for this step since my heat was on HIGH.



Flip them around
Once browned/charred, add in the veggies
NOTE: my heat was still on high so keep those veggies moving!


2-3 Table spoon oil 
I used sesame seed


Make sure to stir while the veggies sizzle to limit burning.
Add your salt and pepper to your liking. 



Change heat to the lowest setting and cover for 10-15 mins.
 I found this helped soften the sprouts a bit more.


Bon AppĂ©tit! 

If you want some excitement and your a meat lover, you can make it with bacon, chicken or steak :)


Thanks for reading!
If you have helpful tips or tried this, leave a comment! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment