Friday, October 18, 2013

Lip Balm: Burts Bees

In search of a new chap stick, I wanted to try something else besides the Baby Lips by Maybelline. I like that product, but wanted to switch it up a bit. So while in CVS I saw that Burt's Bees had a tinted lip balm.




My first impression was that the color was not too bright or THAT noticeable, I think because of my skin color, I put it on my hand and couldn't really see. That's the problem I have with majority of lip colors, they don't show up true to color on my skin but then it did something to my lips, added something, can I say brighten? jazzed up? 

ALL I KNOW IS that I can re-apply and not worry too much of it looking too much. I also noticed that the feeling on my lips was less greasy and the scent was not strong, unlike the baby lips. Don't get me wrong, I do like the baby lips, in Cherry, and I think it felt greasier since I used it during summer, but this product seemed entirely different. And for $6.99 I should be satisfied. :)



As for packaging, it came in a cardboard tube. At first I thought that was the actual container, but once I opened it in the car, there was the ACTUAL tube inside, AND being a sucker for branding and packaging, I thought the cardboard felt appropriate and suited the whole "natural" je ne sais quoi :)




I think that I favor the Burt's a little more now because I've used baby lips for a whole year and it's nice to have something new in my bag. 

So this was my first impression of the Burt's Bees tinted lip balm in Rose and I would recommend this to friends who are Burt's fans :)




Thanks for reading!




2 comments:

  1. WOW! I should look into this! I love Burt's Bees.... :D die-hard fan here! I have them scattered in various places. One next to my bed, one in my wallet, one on my desk... I used to have them everywhere, but those three are the most important. :D

    Good post! I'll try to find some around here.... in Berlin o.O
    (They do have Burt's Bees here)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Burt's Bees Grapefruit is my heaven! Glad you liked my post! Hope you can find the tinted lip balm in Berlin. :)

    ReplyDelete