Wednesday, October 16, 2013

My Fashion Therapy

With all that is happening in my life right now, the only thing helping me cling to who I am is Fashion. I read somewhere to help you get out of feeling low is to dress the total opposite. Wanting to make yourself feel good about yourself, even though you're not at your best. COMMON SENSE RIGHT?? Why avoid getting ready in the morning and throwing on whatever if you're just going to look at yourself in the mirror and hate yourself a little more.

From the article I read about a year ago, and I wish I could find it, I took away the fact that even though I may feel down, sad, stressed and overwhelmed, I shouldn't have it affect my clothing and how I represent myself. I already know my fashion choices are already simple, but at least I know I'm trying every morning to look and feel my best. I think that's what fashion is all about, helping you cheer yourself up, and right now that's what I really need.

I'm not a gloomy person and I don't feel like myself when I'm down and hurt and the people in my life know just from the sound of my voice, look on my face and even daily interactions that something is not right. As much as I want to post messages, at the end of the day I wouldn't feel any better, the days will still go on and leave me dwelling and stressing and these times are not to be wasted!!

Like the saying goes, "When you look good, you feel good, and when you feel good, it's all good."- I added the last bit, but you got the gist of it. :)


So here is a little look see on some of my outfits that I feel like "Misha" in and that are helping me face one day at a time.

     
top: guess, jeans: lucky brand
top: PINK, jeans: urban outfitters
Top: PINK, jeans: lucky brand
dress: boutique in palms spring 
top: primark, shorts: lucky brand
jacket: pim kie, jumper: HM
Thanks for reading!



No comments:

Post a Comment