Thursday, January 30, 2014

Impromptu Avocado Pasta

I was down to my last avocado that needed to be eaten or it would have been overly ripe on the next day. So my roommate suggested avocado pasta. Where did I turn to for inspiration... my good ol' Pinterest :)

So here is what I used: 


  • 1 1/2 Cup Noodles
  • 2 Tablespoons Cheese Powder (Cheese sauce/soup would work)
  • 1 Avocado
  • Cherry Tomatoes
  • Dash of Lemon Pepper
  • 3 cranks of Pepper


***NOTE*** these are the amounts I used and my inspiration from Printrest (here) and my taste buds :) For a proper recipes and other pins, click here.


AND how I made this quick dish. I started off by boiling my noodles, I used elbow, but any of your favorite noodles would work for this dish. While my noodles were boiling, I sliced up my avocado to make it easier to smash up. Next I added my minced garlic to the avocado and mixed it up well. In a different bowl, I mixed up my cheese powder and milk, I just had into a cheese sauce. 


Then the fun part, add everything into the pot after you've strand your noodles. 


Then I just added my seasonings to taste. Since most recipes I saw asked for lemon juice, I “cheated” by adding lemon pepper to add the tangy flavor. :) I didn't really feel like walking to the store in the snow for just lemon. But once I was happy with the seasoning, I added some chopped tomatoes and scooped me a good size and enjoyed! 

















Making the cheese sauce, I bought mine from a bin, but it is okay if you can't find cheese sauce or soup, I just found it helped my avocado become creamy. 






This is a great new spin for my when I want to have mac and cheese, why not add avocado to the mix. Adult version of mac and cheese maybe? And what would REALLY make this dish great, chicken and fresh basil on top! I can taste it now. :) 

Anyway, as a student in Finland, I love being creative with cooking because having the same meal day in and day out gets boring. So let me know if you have ever made this type of dish and how did you prepare it? AND if you live on your own, what is your go to home-cooked meal? 

Thanks for reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment