Thursday, January 23, 2014

Gel Nails in Finland

Back in December my friends talked me into getting gel nails, and thus my addiction begins. Some friends eh? :)

ANYWAY... So being back in Finland, gel nails are a little more than back home. I paid $25 and in Finland they can range from €35-€60. I know, it hurts the wallet. 

It was coming up 4 weeks since I had gotten them first done and my nails had grew and the bed was showing, it was time to take action. So I hoped on Groupon.

Before

I was lucky to have found a Groupon for gel nails in Helsinki. It had cost me €20 for the Groupon and the normal price was €60. What an offer!!

So I did some research of the place and they had a Facebook page, good, nice reviews, also good, and I had a friend that had worked there before, triple good. Done deal!

What was this place????  It is called Fabulous. They are in Helsinki on Fabianinkatu. Very cute shop. Appointment only.

The customer service was great and the lady that did my nails was very gentle when filing away the old gel from my nails. Down side, it was €10 for the removal since the Groupon did not cover it, which is common in other salons to charge for removal I guess. But when I had asked for next time, this is included with the service. But the plus side, she used a nail file not a machine.

There weren't many colors to choose from, which was a downer, but the ones they had, it was tough for me to choose still. The brand they use is Cuccio.

After

In all so far I'm pleased with the outcome, though I've noticed a big difference from my first ones, the gel I had before was thicker whereas this time it's thin. However, they said if something was to happen within a week I can come back and they'll fix it.

So I'll recommend Fabulous. I also encourage checking out Groupon and do your research, I've read some horror reviews and great ones. Good Luck!

Thanks for reading!  

No comments:

Post a Comment