Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Banana Nut Bread

Hey Friends!!! In this post I'll be sharing my banana nut bread recipe. I bake this all the time and it's my go to when my bananas start looking a little brown and I wont have time to get to them. So let me just get into this. :) 

Ingredients:
-2 cups mashed bananas (I use 2 medium size bananas)
-2 cups flour
-2 cups sugar
-1 cup butter
-2 teaspoon baking soda
-1 teaspoon salt
-4 eggs
-1 cup chopped walnuts

Super Simple Instructions:

Preheat oven to 350F (175C)

IN A LARGE BOWL 
Sift flour, salt and baking soda.
 (I just mix very well with a fork since I don't have a sifter.)


IN A SECOND BOWL 
Mix butter & sugar till smooth.


Stir/mash bananas.
(I break them into pieces and smash them into the mix with a fork.)


Add the eggs.


Then add walnuts.
 (Putting them in a small ziploc bag and break them with a cup makes it much easier to get them in small pieces.)


Then pour the wet ingredients into the dry mixture.
Stir until well blended.


Bake for 60-70 mins. Let cool in the pan for at least 5 mins. 
(I bake 30 mins and turn it around in the oven and have it bake another 30 mins. Every oven can be different, so this way burnt bread can be avoided.)




Enjoy!

Thanks for reading! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment