Thursday, February 13, 2014

Peanut Butter Cookies

Every weekend that I've been back in Finland, I've been baking something. Banana nut bread, zucchini bread and now peanut butter cookies. Yes old fashion peanut butter cookies. My recipe yields 32, but since I make them different sizes, I stretch to about 35-40. 

You can find the website I found years ago when I first made these. HERE

What you will need:


  • 1 cup flour
  • 1 cup crunchy peanut butter
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 1 cup packed brown sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt



Mixing together butter, peanut butter and sugars then beat in eggs. Then mix together the dry ingredients and lastly combining all together.

After I mix everything together, I wrap plastic wrap and stick it in the frig to chill until my oven is ready. If your dough seems crumbly, which mine ends up being, I add about 1/4 cup extra peanut butter so that in the next step, they don't fall apart.


So once your oven is set, I roll out about an ice cream scoop worth of dough and take a fork, dip it in my plate of sugar, and then make hash marks. This gives the old fashion look and adds a bit of sugar on top.


I bake them for 10 mins. I will bake first 5 mins, then flip my baking sheet so that the cookies from the back are now at the front, I do this because the back of my oven tends to be hotter, and my cookies at the back would get darker than the ones at the front. --- make sense? I hope :) 


Lastly I let them cool on a cooling rack and gabble them up :) 
Have a question? Leave a comment :) 

Thanks for reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment