Saturday, March 29, 2014

Master Cleanse & Training

This week was totally life changing! For the first time I ran 9 miles and I felt great! On top of that I did and survived the Master Cleanse, even though it was for 3 days. More on that a little later. 


From my previous post, I've been training for the Helsinki City Half Marathon Run which is in May. I've been using the Nike+ running app and I'm so glad I am. It's so motivating and forcing me to run the distance... Literally. This Friday called for 9 miles... 9 miles!!! I didn't know how well I would be but I did it and my time was 1:23 WHOAH! I was so proud of myself! I was even more surprised when the app told me my pace and I was able to kept it up for the whole run. I've never felt so great! I didn't even feel like I was going to pass out! I felt like a CHAMP! I rocked that run! 


Now I think I rocked it because the pass 3 days I was doing the master cleanse. Lemon, Cayenne Pepper and Maple Syrup with a Salt Water Flush... Yummy. I had major fantasy about food and cravings but I stuck to it. Normally you would cleanse for 10 days but since I was running my short runs Tuesday and Thursday PLUS it makes you lose a lot of weight, which wasn't my goal, 3 days was just perfect. 

Click HERE for the site

What I noticed from doing the cleanse was my pooch left and my tummy was smaller, and with the salt water flush... Let's just say everything is all cleared out :p I never felt so light or looked so flat. It was a little scary looking at myself in the mirror. I feel for myself, this would make for a nice monthly cleanse, to take 3 days  and just cleanse and clean out my body. I did drop to 122lbs, I'm normally 125/126lbs.  Since it was mostly water weight and the lack of solid foods that dropped me so low, once I start eating again and continue to train it'll be back to my normal weight. Lets see if my tummy would stay flat :P Here's Hoping!


To me the master cleanse is pressing the restart button so I can have a fresh start from zero.

***

Well there you have it, my update on my training and my mini cleanse experience that is keeping me fit and happy. :) 

Now let's start week 6!!! 

Thanks for reading! 





No comments:

Post a Comment