Saturday, July 25, 2015

Napa to Sonoma Half Marathon!

Oh my! I've been busy and haven't gotten to post this... OOPS! Here it is, I wrote this July 25th. Enjoy!

MY LANTA FRIENDS! I did it! 13.1 miles and no stopping! Napa to Sonoma was a great run! looking back at my training, I could have trained more and not have the heat as an excuse to not run and being tired from work, But all in all I'm proud that I finished!


Again I had 2 different times since my Nike+ started before the start line, and it did call out miles before and after I ran past the markers. Oh well human/computer error.



This was organized by Destination Races and they go all over to other "wine country" places and host half marathons and 5k runs. What is awesome is that my Finnish club volunteers and doing so gains support for our non-profit organization. Other organizations also helped volunteer during this event which is great!  SO not only did I run, I also volunteered for the second time for my Finnish club.


The staff is great and the end finish couldn't be more organized, plus the wine tasting. Yum!

I love my metal and I'm really glad I stuck it out towards the end, believe me, the last 2 miles are the longest 2 miles you'll ever run.

Phew! There, short and sweet. :)
Until the next run!

Thanks for reading! 


No comments:

Post a Comment